Aug 08, 2017
Scout topShelf a truly mobile warehouse management solution that allows you to automate your most tedious tasks. One great way to achieve this is by using the topShelf wave picking features. Some may ask what “wave picking” is?
“A wave is a grouping or batch of orders released for picking based on common parameters.”
In short, wave picking allows you to manage all of your orders and delegate them to pickers all from the topShelf admin console. Rather than using the standard order pick, wave picking allows the picker to pick multiple orders at the same time. Taking it a step further, you can utilize our wave automation to keep your warehouse operating at high efficiency with minimal overhead.
Wave picking can assist your daily operations in the warehouse in a number of ways:
- Assign large numbers of orders to pickers
- Optional paperless option of assigning orders
- Use your custom order views to generate waves
- Save time and steps in the warehouse
- Pick by priority (i.e. International orders, FedEx orders, single line orders)